1. Your d&a watch
Thank you for choosing d&a – a watch designed, engineered and manufactured in Switzerland and made according to the most demanding Swiss watchmaking standards and rigorous quality control criteria. Your watch has been produced with an intelligent and innovative use of resources for the sake of future generations. To ensure that your watch operates with perfect precision for many years to come, we advise you to pay close attention to the advice provided hereafter.
2. Strap setting
Thanks to its unique double swing buckle, your strap can be used on both sides offering you a versatile design.
2.1. Choose which side of the strap you want to show.
2.2. Turn the loop in order to place the stitching on the backside, and flip the buckle.
2.3. Thread your strap through the openings of the watch case choosing the side of the strap you wish to display.
2.4. While doing so, make sure the buckle side turns up at 12 O’Clock and adjust its position.
2.5. Put the strap at 6 O’Clock and avoid sliding the watch head along the strap. Pull the strap backwards to release it from the case.
2.6 You’re done!
Important to know
As part of our sustainability endeavour, the strap material is made out of organic material which is not waterproof. For the cleaning of your strap, only use pure water with care. Avoid exposure to seawater, bleaching or chlorinating agents as this may damage the strap and provoke hypersensitivity when in contact with the skin.
3. Time setting
When receiving your d&a watch, the time will be set to Geneva’s time. To change this, gently pull the crown towards to exterior and turn it.
Once you have set it to the correct time zone, push the crown back into position and you will see the second hand following its course again.
4. Technical Information
Quartz watches are battery-powered, and cannot be recharged; however, the Powertech quartz movement of your d&a watch has a low battery consumption rate allowing an extended power reserve for the benefit of longer battery life.
The end life of a battery is indicated by the second’s hand making 4-second jumps. The watch will keep operating for a few more days, but the battery should be removed and replaced by a qualified service centre as soon as possible.
Ambient temperature and vicinity of magnetic fields may affect the accuracy of quartz movements.
Water-resistance d&a watches are designed to withstand a pressure of up to 3 bar (30 m / 100 ft), 5 bar (50 m / 165 ft), 10 bar (100 m / 330 ft), depending on the information shown on the case-back.
5. Care & Maintenance
- Ageing of the gaskets or accidental impact may affect the water-resistance. We recommend that you have your watch’s water resistance checked once every second year by a qualified service centre.
- In the event of a violent impact please have your watch checked by an approved d&a® service centre.
- We advise you to clean your watch regularly using a soft cloth and lukewarm soapy water. After immersion in salty water, rinse your watch in fresh water and leave it to dry completely. NB: during this operation, make sure your crown position is I.
- If you are considering not wearing your watch for a few weeks or months, we advise you to pull the crown out (position III) before storing it. This will reduce energy consumption.
- As a precision instrument, your watch must be serviced regularly (every 3 to 4 years) for optimum operation.
- However, please note that depending on the climate and the conditions of use of the watch, a shorter interval may be required.
- Expose your watch to thermal shocks (exposure to sunlight followed by immersion in cold water) or extreme temperatures (over 60°C (140°F) or below 0°C (32°F).
- Expose your watch to intense magnetic fields such as those generated by loudspeakers, mobile phones, computers, refrigerators or other electromagnetic appliances.
- Let your watch come into direct contact with harmful products such as solvents, detergents, perfumes, cosmetic products etc., since they may damage the bracelet, the case or the gaskets.
6. Collection and treatment of end of life quartz watches
This product should not be disposed of as household waste. It must be returned to an approved collection point. By following this procedure you will contribute to safeguarding the environment and human health.
Recycling the materials will help to conserve natural resources.
Battery type: silver oxide and zinc button cell.