The following International Warranty applies to d&a watches purchased or presented for warranty service in any country with the exclusion of the bracelet and the packaging.
What the d&a International Warranty covers and for how long?
Your watch has been made according to the strict quality standards of d&a, with all the care of highly qualified watchmakers applying and improving standards of a sustainable value chain.
d&a warrants its product against defects in materials and manufacturing for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase (the “Warranty period”). If the product is returned during the Warranty period, d&a will repair or replace any defective watch part free of charge within a reasonable time after the product is returned, subject to the right to charge for shipping costs. Upon expiration of the Warranty period, any repairs will be subject to a service charge.
How to obtain service?
You may obtain service by bringing or sending the watch to your authorized d&a retailer or to a d&a After-Sales Service Center as further indicated below. You are responsible for transportation costs, including but not limited to postage, insurance and packing materials. We recommend that any shipments to us include certified delivery and insurance.
In order to obtain service through this d&a International Warranty, the watch must be accompanied by the original invoice specifying the date of purchase.
To be valid, the original invoice should be:
- either duly completed, dated, stamped and signed by an authorized d&a retailer, at the time of purchase;
- or duly activated electronically by an authorized d&a retailer, at the time of purchase.
d&a shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages resulting from inappropriate use. The d&a (International) Warranty does not cover:
- Defects and damage due to loss, theft, fire or any other causes beyond our control;
- Defects and damage resulting from misuse or negligence or accident;
- Defects and damage caused by improper use (knocks, dents, crushing to the case or crystal, etc.), alterations, tampering, dismantling or services and repairs completed by anyone else other than an authorized d&a service centre;
- Defects and damage due to fair wear and tear;
- Routine maintenance and cleaning.
Additional warranty conditions applicable in the United States of America and Canada only: d&a Limited Warranty
Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, the d&a International Warranty set forth above is a limited warranty and shall be the exclusive manufacturer’s warranty in lieu of any other express warranties.
From a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase, d&a will, in its sole discretion, repair or replace any defective watch or part under the limited warranty free of charge subject to the right to charge for shipping costs, and subject to the following conditions:
- The watch must be accompanied by the warranty card (with the date of purchase).
- The serial number originally imprinted on the watch case is clearly legible and no part of the original watch has been removed, changed, altered, replaced or erased.
In addition to the foregoing, all other conditions set forth in the d&a international warranty are applicable to the d&a limited warranty in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND CANADA.
Failure of any of these conditions voids all warranty rights. This warranty is the sole and exclusive remedy.
Specific warranty applicable in Australia only: Mandatory Statutory Rights
The Mandatory Statutory Rights apply only to watches purchased in Australia and presented for warranty intervention in Australia. The d&a (International) Warranty gives you further benefits, which are in addition to your rights and remedies under the Australian Consumer Law and any other laws in relation to the goods.
Subject to your Mandatory Statutory Rights under the Australian Consumer Law, d&a warrants its product against defects in materials and manufacturing for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. If you seek to rely on your Mandatory Statutory Rights under the Australian Consumer Law in relation to a defect in goods supplied, you may be entitled to recover any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage that results from the defect. This may include the costs associated with transporting the watch (including, but not limited to postage, insurance, packing materials) to d&a retailer or d&a After-Sales Service Center.